This holiday season, your imagination and our tools are all you need to tackle your gift list. Create a vase or a guitar pick on our 3-D printer. Use our lathe to make a wooden spatula. Build a book stand with our table saw and drill press. And we have more cool DIY stuff in our storeroom; like Hermione’s bag, when you reach in, you never know quite what you’ll find:
- Chocolate molds/melting pot/dipping forks
- Candy thermometer (make homemade caramels!)
- Hot glue gun and sticks (try these “borderline genius glue gun projects that will enchant your life“)
- Sewing machines and a serger
- Food dehydrator (think healthy stocking-stuffers: apples, pears, quince, persimmons)
- Embroidery kit and hoop
- Jewelry-making kit; buy some beads and make a pair of earrings like these
Or go the gift-certificate route and plan something special/crazy for 2018: we can lend you some unique items to make it happen:
- Roller skates
- Fishing rod and supplies
- Fire pit (definitely include s’mores!)
Please note that the CapHill Tool Library will be closed on Sunday, December 24th, and Sunday, December 31st.
If you do need to purchase gifts, please buy locally or consider going to Amazon Smile and supporting Sustainable Capitol Hill. As an all-volunteer nonprofit, we THANK YOU.